Amador Co. Western Bluebird House, Cedar. Bottom Pivot Opening
This is our same sealed Bluebird House but opens so you can look down into it. It's ideal for lower altitude locations or for observational studies.
Constructed in the USA of domestically sourced long lasting Cedar, the Amador Bluebird House is a solid traditional home for the Western Bluebird. Bluebirds are known to prey on the crop destroying insects. It is based on a design of the North American Bluebird Society. Specific attention is paid to the size and position of the entrance hole, 1-1/2", to accommodate the Western Bluebird – and prevent entrance of predators. Eastern and Mountain Bluebird houses also available.
Note: natural cedar coloration and texture will always vary slightly between units.
- Natural, non-sealed exterior (use as is, or paint or stain ready)
- All non-moving seams are glued and nailed.
- Hinged side door with tool free opening provides ease of cleaning
- Kerf cuts assist chicks in reaching entrance hole at fledging time.
- Drain holes in the floor; venting near the peak of the roof
The box is designed so that it may be mounted on a wooden or metal pole; side of a structure; or on a tree. As with all Amador Company products, the Bluebird boxes are made in the USA of domestically sourced materials, by local Amador County craftsmen.
SPECIFICATIONS & PRICING
Material All Cedar
Overall Height 16”
Height of Living Area 9”-11”
Width 5½ ”Overall
Depth 6 ¾ ”
Depth of Living Area 5 ½ ”