Amador Western Bluebird House, Cedar, Sealed
Constructed of long lasting Cedar, the Amador Bluebird Box is a solid traditional home for the Western Bluebird, known to prey on the Blue-Green Sharpshooter without eating the fruit. It is based on a design of the North American Bluebird Society. Specific attention is paid to the size and position of the entrance hole, 1-1/2", to accommodate the Western Bluebird – and prevent entrance of predators. Entrance may be adjusted to accommodate the “Mountain” and other Bluebirds upon requested.
- Safe smooth non-toxic ‘Salad Bowl’ finish on the outside cedar exterior
- Interior is unsealed natural cedar
- All non-moving seams are glued and nailed.
- Hinged side door with tool free opening provides ease of cleaning
- Kerf cuts assist chicks in reaching entrance hole at fledging time.
- Drain holes in the floor; venting near the peak of the roof
Able to be mounted on a wooden or metal pole; side of a structure; or on a tree. As with all Amador Company products, the Bluebird boxes are made in the USA of domestically sourced materials, by local Amador County craftsmen.
SPECIFICATIONS & PRICING
Material All Cedar
Overall Height 16”
Height of Living Area 9”-11”
Width 5½ ”Overall
Depth 6 ¾ ”
Depth of Living Area 5 ½ ”